Wednesday, September 03, 2014

DC RUSHTON’S WEB-REPORT: SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2014, DAY-3

“The Yaya Han/Lion Forge Comic Panel”

The JOKES of Yesterday, will come back, to HAUNT YOU! First trolley stop after mine and there was still lots of room to move around, I had yesterday’s, “I tell ya, the trolley is getting so crowded going to the Con…(How crowded is it?) The SPIDER MAN COSPLAYERS ARE RIDING OUT SIDE ON THE TROLLEY HANGING ON!” Well… GUESS WHAT?

THE MASK OF SPIDER-MAN, UPSIDE DOWN, LEANED INTO MY FACE, ONE INCH AWAY FROM MINE, AND ASKED: “SAY TAO PRIEST! WANNA JOIN THE “LOCAL FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR HOOD SPIDER MEN ON THE ROOF?”

This Cosplayer did this feat on one single pole beside me! WHAT A TRIP, AND “WISH I COULD DO THAT”, and told him so! And so Cosplayers gather around and Con stories FLOW of the past 2 days of the Con. Before the day’s heat hit I Cosplayed my way through and about the Gas lamp and the Bayside of the Convention Center.

NEW FLASH HIT ME! At the 8th Zombie Walk a “Deaf Family” in a Black Honda Accord had become scared and plowed through the Zombies leaving NON ZOMBIE Woman injured! THE ZOMBIES GAVE CHASE! Think I’ll retreat to the Bayside of the Con where it’s SAFE? I’m an “Old School” Godzilla Fan from way back. GUESS WHO? Most impressive display. Now I have hurt my back a month before this Con.

So I’ve been very careful. Otherwise, I would of done the “Assassin Creed”, Inspired actives.

NO WAY! (damn it!!!!!!!)

IT’S TIME! March to Room 29#-A, (which means small panel, and so much the better), and reserved my Disabled Seat for “Lion Forge Comics” Panel.

Why????

OUR QUEEN OF COSPLAY, was getting her OWN COMIC BOOK! FIRST SEAT AND DEAD CENTER. The Host was Senior Editor, Shannon Denton himself. Gave him a “FULL TAO PRIEST BLESSING” right off. “Your that: “FUNNY, OLDEST, COSPLAYER GUY OF YAYA’S! You were expected to be here. You are now our “RESIDENT PRIEST!” “May I asked where is Lady Yaya?’, I asked. “Oh she’s coming.” He said. (After the panel I was told by the man “I MADE THE PANEL”? Going through their latest projects they came to, up on the Big Screen, “THE YAYA HAN PROJECT”!

At the end I stood with a UP RAISED FIST and CHEERED! “I’M GOING BACK TO COLLECTING COMIC BOOKS.” Joelle Sellner then spoke of her and Yaya’s work on Wondrous 2#. Host Shannon walked down the stage and reach down to pick up a post-it beside me I THOUGHT! “You dropped “DC”. (They KNOW ME!) It said on it: “GET READY!” Watching the door, a hostess opened it.

I stood, facing the room, my “Staff of Tao”, held high, calling all to ATTENTION! “ALL RISE AND HAIL OUR QUEEN OF ALL COSPLAYDOM, QUEEN YAYA HAN THE FIRST! YAYA,YAYA, YAYA!

And truly she is a Queen my readers I say onto thee all, out there in the net. AND THAT IS “REALITY”! In regale Purple and Black of ROYALTY with cape flowing behind her she waved and thanked everyone, and then ascended the stage. “And… of course that was our “Resident Priest”, Yaya who announced you.” Our host said to her. Yaya before being seated took a moment to give me her inspiring Smile and a “Thank You DC”! As in the Times of the Greeks of old, as a sign of Thanks or Respect, they would as you would say now a days, “Blow a Kiss” to the Gods. And so I did. She caught it and pressed it to herself. SUCH I WAS HONORED!

Lady Joelle and Lady Yaya gave their talk on their combined worked effort on “Wondrous 3#” I AM A SCIENCE FICTION WRITER FIRST, DEEMED SO AT THE FOOT OF THE WHEEL CHAIR OF OUR LATE GREAT DEAN OF THE HALLOW HALL OF SF, RAY BRADBURY! I was very impressed by them very much! With our time together at an end our panel was all too quickly concluded. Looking down I grabbed my bag and staff when the voice of Yaya herself called to me. “My Ladies”, I said. “How are you doing now? Better I hope DC.” She asked. “So much better because of you and spending this time with the both of your and my Comic Con family and friends!” I began to cry all most thanking them both. They both took time to give me a hug as they left before me.

Now here is a “Perfect Example”, of “Comic Con Karma”. After the panel I stopped for my Lunch of P-J-Y, next to a small group of fellow Cosplayer Brothers and Sisters who knew me. They had Sub-Way Sandwiches. I inquired how long bad was the lines, prices, and such. They reported that prices were same as always, ON REAL LINE, and Sandwiches Flying at warp 9 out the door. “We are off to a panel.” Said one lady Cosplayer. “Here. Have my last half of my FOOT LONG SUB!” “Here’s my half too.” Said another. EAT! And so I did. And that is….
“COMIC CON KARMA”!

“STAND BY FOR DAY-3 CONTINUED”

DC RUSHTON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...